Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Quiet Was So Nice

I was awakened at an earlier hour than I normally want to be awake on a Sunday morning. Someone wanted some work done on their computer so decided to call at 8:40 a.m. to enquire when they could bring it over. Of course Sunday is the only day of the week that I get to lay back in bed and just roll over and log a few more zees. Not today though.

While I was up and waiting for the computer to arrive I thought it was a downright great looking day so I figured I might as well hit the links for a game of golf. I gave James a call and we were set for a 10:00 a.m. tee off.

There was a slight breeze but just enough to keep the mosquitoes away and to keep a person cool. So it was very enjoyable. But what really got me hit me on the 6th hole when I looked around and could see probably 10 other people on the course. The real nice thing was there wasn't a motorized golf cart to be seen. Everyone was walking with their carts. For some reason it just seemed to be so much more peaceful. You could hear the birds singing away and you didn't have to put up with the mechanical noises.

Nowadays a lot of motorized carts are electric so there is not a lot of noise to them. For awhile there all newer carts were electric, however, in the last while I have seen a few more gas ones showing up. Of course they are a bit noisier and stinkier than electric carts. Some folks figure they are better because they can go faster and what not. As for me, I prefer to walk as I'm out there to relax and not just tear around from one hole to the next. I'm also in it for a bit of exercise and you don't get too much exercise by sitting in a cart zooming around. Too each their own though.

All in all it was a nice comfortable round of golf. Not a terrific score, but I didn't embarrass myself either. James and I actually ended up shooting the same score which is nice in that neither one bettered the other. Just a real nice way to spend a Sunday morning that was wrecked with the early call :)

No comments: