Saturday, November 10, 2007

Lest We Forget


I haven't been real active in the blogging of late. It just seems like there is so much to do and not enought time to get it done. The least of my time has been tied up getting ready for the local Remembrance Day ceremonies. I'm not sure how I got rooked into doing what I get to do, but it looks like I got elected when I wasn't looking. Note to self: "No more pee breaks during Legion meetings"!

Of course the latest death of a very junior RCMP member in Nunavut also doesn't put me in a great mood especially as we near November 11th. I just don't know if I agree with sending such junior members to the North, but today is not the day to debate that one.

Today is a reminder to all about November 11th and what it entails. There are many, many books and internet sites out there letting us know about this important day and what it entails. However, I did come across a few links that put it all together (for me at least).

Here are a few links that remind me what November 11th and Remembrance Day is all about:

Remembrance Day Letter - 2007

Canadian Forces Tribute Video

Watch or listen to the "Terry Kelly" Remembers song & video

Watch the "Peacekeeper's Letter Home" video

A List of Fallen Canadians since 2002

Canadian Forces Casualties in Afghanistan


Lest We Forget

No comments: