Friday, February 08, 2008

Rocks In My Head ?

As I was sitting here reading a few blogs, I got to thinking that it was nice to have a nice quiet sit down behind my own keyboard for awhile. It seems like I've been just going flat out for the last while. So then I got to thinking what I've actually been doing of late... Curling, Legion, fixing computers, more fixing computers, more curling, and on and on and on . . .

My term as the Treasurer of the local Royal Canadian Legion is up this month after a two year term. I thought that it would be nice to sit back and just help out when needed. So then we had our monthly meeting last Wednesday and after it was all said and done, I end up as the friggin President for the next year. Our previous President is moving away so we needed someone to sit in for a year to finish up his 'tour of duty'. I know for a fact I did not put my hand up (I just don't do that any more), but it didn't matter, in the end I got elected to fill the shoes for the next year. I think I have to invest in some good tape to put over my mouth in the future so I don't get to reply to some requests. But as normal, I'll do my best and try my hardest to do a good job.

Then last night I came home after putting in another strenuous curling game after I had been out all afternoon fixing a couple computers and remarked to Sandra that I felt like I was running up and down the ice all night long and I was tired. Getting old? I really don't know, but I do know that I had my daily workout during that game. But heck in the end we won the game and this old guy got some exercise.

I did get to thinking 'was it time to slow down a bit' and take life a bit easier? Yah, good thought. Then I walked down to the local hall and submitted my application to take over as the caretaker for the building which entails a hall, club room, washrooms, work offices, and a few other odds and ends. It doesn't really entail a lot of time (somewhere around 10 hours or so a week). Just mainly keeping the joint in semi clean state, making sure the snow doesn't plug up the entrances, etc. It only takes a few minutes walk from the house and I'm there, so I thought 'why not'. Then I sat back and thought, 'This is taking it easier?' I've got to be nuts.

One small consolation, maybe, just maybe they won't accept my application (too old, too young, not enough hair, not enough anything) and then I can get on with my plan to slow down some in my retirement time.

Naw this isn't going to work. I just get bored too easily :)

No comments: