Sunday, March 04, 2007

Busy Times

We were pleasantly surprised to hear the door open and Sheila, Wendell and girls walked in Friday evening. They were just here a couple of weeks ago so we didn't think they would venture up this way for awhile yet.

The trip was for pleasure as well as for a bit of help for Sheila. She is taking an exam today to apply for the next level of employment and wanted a bit of assistance in interpreting some of the questions. There are practice questions available on the Internet along with the answers so she had an idea of what to expect. I believe she says the test is normally 75 questions and you get 90 minutes to complete the test.

No doubt there is not a lot of time to doddle on the questions but you definitely have to really read the question and of course the answers which are multiple choice. As Sheila went through the practice she marked questions that were giving her trouble. Then I took a look at them and tried to interpret to her the 'why' and 'how' of the correct answer.

After almost 40 years working with the Government, I should be able to figure the questions out it was thought. I was thankful that 'yes' all of the questionable 'questions' I looked at, I was able to correctly answer them all. That is not to say they were real easy, but I could definitely see the so called 'trick' part of the answer list fairly easily.

I tried my best to explain the reasoning to Sheila and hope I helped her some. This test is for the same level that she missed the cut off by 1 point about a year ago. We are hoping that she will be able to bring up her correct answers by at least the 1 point (and a few more for good measures).

With getting past this level it does open up a whole lot more opportunities for Sheila for employment. We definitely have our fingers (and toes) crossed for her and wish her the best. As I always say, you give all your best and try your hardest and nobody can ask for anything more than that.

Good luck Sheila, we are rooting for you !

1 comment:

Shar-Lee said...

Good Luck Wishes from the 5 of us!!!!