Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WOW! Is This a Blizzard or What?






You sure have to hand it to the weather folks this time. They nailed this blizzard right on. It has been blowing and snowing since about 8 pm last nite here in Hanley. At least last night you could still see down the streets a bit. Today it is just unreal.

I had to go to a customer's house for 1 pm today. It is 3 blocks and seeing as I was taking a brief case with disks etc in it, I decided to drive. I made it to the house at the scheduled time, however, when I went to depart at 3:30 pm the weather had really deterioated. I was driving down the street and you couldn't tell where the street ended and the sidewalks started.






I just crept down the street hoping that I was staying in the center of the road and praying that no one else was coming towards me. I caught the sign post for the corner for a second and turned otherwise I would have continued right into a fellows yard. At this turn I was turned around and heading for home (3 blocks away), but you just could not see the road or anything else.

I finally made it one block closer to home in about 5 minutes and turned down the street so at least I could see a bit. Thankfully after going down the block I could make another left turn and the houses were blocking a bit of the blowing snow so I could creep home.

Three blocks took me over 10 minutes to navigate home. I was certainly felt a ton of relief when I turned into a driveway and found that it was actually my own. There should be no one out on the highways in this. If it is this bad in the town, I can only shudder to think how bad it would be out on the highways.


All three pictures were taken out of the garage doorway at 4:30 pm. today. The first one is looking across the front yard towards downtown and the other two are the houses across the street.



No comments: