Thursday, November 09, 2006


Wonderful

I decided to check and see how the 'Tribute to the Canadian Forces' was doing so I re-checked the website for the video posted on Tuesday. It is interesting to see that when I first put up the link on my blog the web counter was at 416. On my most recent check the counter was showing 9108. That is quite an impressive jump in a day and a half for a 17+ mb download.

This jump is by no means because of the link I put in my blog. There are numerous emails floating around the system pointing to the video. I also just checked the UseNet and in the group on Canadian Military I also saw a few links to the video.

On my recent visit to the video site I see the creator of the video was also finding the increase in site visits to be causing some problems. Some folks are having a hard time downloading the video or the quality is poorer than it should normally be. This fellow has also created a higher quality copy of the video and placed a link on the site for downloading. I did download the file and found it to be zipped up. Unzipping the file it runs around 21 mb, so yes indeed it is a bit larger than the original.

Seeing as we are fast approaching the 11th day of the 11th month and on to the 11th hour, I find the video is so appropriate. However, as the site gets more and more hits, I'm sure you may find more problems downloading the video. If for any reason you can't view the video and want to view it, just send me an email and I will most definitely send a copy your way.

In case anyone wants the link again, it is at

Lest We Forget




No comments: