Sunday, November 05, 2006

Time Flying

For some reason there doesn't appear to be enough hours in the day of late. It seems that I'm going here there and everywhere and really haven't had a lot of time to sit down at the keyboard to play for what seems like ages.

It is a busy time of the season for Hanley folks in that it is coming up Remembrance Day time. The local Auxillary, of which Sandra is a member, has a Poppy Tea today, so I'll also be making an appearance to show the Legion colours. The ladies make up dainties and you can have tea, coffee or juice to go along with the dainty. My contribution was to make minature cheesecakes along with the sis-in-law. They are not a lot of work as the machines that the sis-in-law has does most of the hard work of stirring, etc. It was just a matter of filling up the cup cake trays with the mixture and cooking and cooling.

As well the yearly Hanley Supper Theatre is in production starting Nov 15 to 19th so many of the local folks are getting ready for that. There is the play itself but also the folks that cook the meal, set up the hall, etc. I did get a phone call yesterday looking for a donation for the meal. Local people are called and they have the option to donate a few items for the meals. My contribution this year will be cool-whip and a couple of packages of strawberries. It doesn't cost a lot and with more people contributing, the costs are spread around even more.

In the spirit of the season, I sat at the local hall yesterday to sell poppies. There was 60th wedding anniversary going on and a few folks had not gotten their poppies yet. Or more likely with the straight pins on poppies, they lost a poppy or two. However, the monies do definitely go to a great cause and for the most part is recycled back into the local community.

I also have a computer I'm working on as the fellow had some problems with spyware or whatnot. I put in about 4 hours at his residence the other day and the computer definitely needed some more work so I brought it home. The computer certainly was acting as if there was a virus on board, so I got a anti-virus program installed and did a scan. I have never seen a computer with as many problems as this one. It had over 300,000 files that were infected by approximately 70 different virus problems. Then there is the normal everyday spyware type problems to deal with. I worked on this computer for about 8 hours yesterday and I am definitely making progress and hope to get the computer all cleaned up by tomorrow or Tuesday.

On Monday I finally have my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon in Saskatoon. There is some anxiety in the appointment, but hopefully it will go fine. The doc has been scheduled for a 2 1/2 hour appointment, so I'm hoping he can figure out what the deal is with the broken pelvis. As of today there is not alot of pain or anything, unless I move in the wrong way of course. I should know more tomorrow for sure.

I also have a lady in the city who wants me to take a look at her computer as she is having some problems. This person is a brand new computer person who is getting up there in age. I originally set up her system for her and when I sat her down and told her to click the red X to close a screen, she lifted the mouse up and placed it against the monitor to try and click it close. I knew my work was cut out for me. Surprising enough though I have been able to help her mainly through email messages and a few phone calls. That being said, I'm a little worried to sit down behind her keyboard and see exactly what shape the computer is actually in. I'm sure that it will be a long frustrating day with spyware etc. I originally had set up an anti-virus and firewall for her, so hopefully that helped in alleviating some of the problems. If all goes according to plan, I'm hoping to get to her about mid week when I have have to go back into the city to see my doctor.

I just finished up doing a anti-virus scan on the computer I'm fixing and "TaDa", no virus were found. You gotta love that :-) Sam says to hurry up and turn it off and take it back to the owner.

No comments: