Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Darn Curling

I was out at curling yesterday (Monday) for another session. Once again we came out on the loosing end of the broom, however, we did make it interesting at the end. If I recall correctly it was 7-0 after the 3rd end for the other team. We ended up 9-7 after the 8th end so we did come back some.

Of course it is all in fun, so it really doesn't matter the score or who wins or loses (at least to me). Some folks do get a bit more choked when they aren't doing so well.

Now during and after the game I felt fine. Nothing hurt as I didn't feel I had stretched too much or fallen or anything like that. Even as late as bed time last night around midnight I was fine. However, around 3 a.m. I woke up with one god awful pain in my left foot in the ankle area. For the rest of the night it got worse and worse. Finally this morning when I got up, the pain was so bad I could hardly walk or put any pressure on the foot at all.

I did ice the ankle area down and tryed to stay off of my feet, but the pain didn't want to diminish at all. I normally hate to take any medications, but the pain was definitely getting to me so I finally broke down and took some pain medication. After an hour or so the pain sort of dulled at least to allow me to get some movement out of my legs. I did have to take another pill near supper time as the pain was starting to return. At present the pain is still there, but at least it is liveable. I'll probably take one more pill prior to bed time and hope it clears up by the morning.

I have absolutely no idea why the foot started to hurt at 3 a.m. after it was fine all day. Maybe Sam used a baseball bat on the foot as it was on her side of the bed or something? She denies that of course.

No comments: