Monday, December 11, 2006

Shopping

We had to hit the city on the weekend for some shopping as we had to renew our prescriptions. What a zoo! Sheesh. We arrived at Costco shortly after 11:00 a.m. and the parking lot was just jammed. The darn store only opens at 10:30 a.m. Once inside the store there were just hordes of folks hurrying every which way trying to fill up those darn big shopping carts.

We did manage to get what we needed and headed for the check out location without any major injuries. I assumed we would have a long wait getting thru the lines, however, once we hit the front of the store I was pleasantly surprised. Almost every till was open and working. I was able to move right into a till lineup and immediately started to unload the groceries onto the conveyor. Zing, zang, we were through the till and on our way out the store. Hats off to the Costco folks for having so many tills open. Normally you are lucky if you have 2 or 3 of the 10 or so tills open.

We were then off to the Preston Crossing Wal Mart to pick up our prescriptions. When we arrived at about 12:30 p.m., the lot was overflowing with vehicles. There even was an overflow lot opened up already. Sandra normally has a hard time navigating in this store because so many people are idiots. Nice little aisle ways and then they decide to stop and chat with a long lost friend/relative. Of course no one can get past them. With Sandra and her cart it just makes it twice as hard.

I found a parking stall right on the outside of the lot. We figured that Sandra would just stay in the truck and I'd go in by myself. I don't mind walking, so where I parked was just fine. I walked into the throngs and directly to the prescription pickup kiosk. I normally call in my prescriptions the day before I need them so the workers have a chance to get them put together for me. After walking up to enquire about my prescriptions, the young gal brought them right out and I paid for them and away I went. As I didn't need to do any other shopping in the store, I was able to head right out and was back in the truck heading out of the lot.

We then had to head downtown so we were able to use the Preston Avenue exit which allowed us to zip right along. We had one stop downtown and then we were heading north on 33rd Street to do a computer fixup trip. I had set up the appointment for 1:00 p.m. and we arrived at about 12:59 p.m. Good timing for sure.

I actually had two computer fixes to do in the same area. That was nice in that so I didn't have to drive far to the second appointment. All told I was done by about 6:00 p.m. and I then had to drop off a monitor for Craig to use. Thank goodness for Circle Drive even though it is so slow in comparison to Regina's Ring Road. I won't even go into the fact that on a freeway like Circle Drive the city of Saskatoon decided in their wisdom they'd put traffic signals on the road to slow the traffic down.

We made it to Craig's and got the monitor up and running and away we went once again. This time we are on our way home. We pulled into the garage at 7:00 p.m. safe and sound.

One nice thing was that Sheila, Wendell and girls were visiting us so Sheila had supper ready for us to sit down and have a nice roast with the trimmings.

Yum, Yum :)

No comments: