Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Where O Where Is He?

The lonesome driver checked in again today with a comment that I hadn't put too much information on the blog about his whereabouts. Yah, like I was a bit tied up trying to get those 2 darn computers up and going so the folks could have them for the weekend. Of course if I'm working on other computers, then I don't have access to my own computer as I usually use my monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc to work on the computers. Both computers are done, but then that is a different story..

When James was speaking to me, he had just passed through Garner, Iowa and was enroute to Sioux Falls, South Dakota on a secondary highway (55 mph). He was going to overnite at Sioux Falls and then finish loading his trailer tomorrow morning and then north bound back to Canada.

Trusty 'Streets and Trips' shows that from Sioux Falls, SD to North Portal is about 970 kilometers. James can presently drive 11 hours when he is in the States (this goes into effect in Canada in January 2007), so he should have lots of time to load and still make it to the border. From there he only has a short 445 kilometers and he will be back at home.

Mind you, I believe he wants to drop the truck off in Saskatoon at the company yard so it is not sitting out on the street etc. Still there should be lots of time to do that and still be under his hours.

Of course on Friday night is the company supper. There is no Christmas party as such, the company is just taking the 'boys' out for supper. I enquired if that meant A & W or Burger King for the evening? Hopefully they will be going somewhere a bit better than that.

You don't want to spoil the 'boys' too much though or they might get to like it. :-)


No comments: