Saturday, December 02, 2006

Good Deeds Done

I wasn't going to do it, but after looking at the sidewalks and seeing they were all covered with snow again, I finally relented and started up 'Big Red'. Prior to going out I checked the weather and it was showing -29C, but no wind. I dressed appropriately and figured I'd see how much I could get done prior to getting cold. Well I never did get cold, however, I did end up sweating a bit. Either I had too many clothes on or my clothes were too heavy for the temps. Hey, I'll take too warm any day over too cold. At least I could unzip a bit and cool down a tad. If it was too cold then I'd have to come in to warm up a bit.

After an hour or so I had cleaned all the snow off of the sidewalks in the area and was satisfied that I had enough exercise for the day. I refueled 'Big Red' and put the beast away in the garage waiting for the next onslaught of the fluffy stuff.

Then I sat down on the computer to read a few emails and did a quick check of the weather forecast. Wouldn't you know it, they are calling for 2-4 cm of snow tomorrow morning or into the afternoon. Mind you it is only a 40% to 60% POP so maybe the white stuff will miss my driveway and settle in on someone else. But the way it has been going this year, every time it thinks it is going to snow it drops right onto my driveway/sidewalks.

Actually I don't mind as I had previously said. It does give me the opportunity to play with 'Big Red' and also get a bit of outdoor exercise. But as an after thought, tomorrow is a football day and I do enjoy sitting down for a good watch of a game or two of NFL football.

So the fingers are crossed that the snow will miss us this time. Or maybe I'll just not snow blow until Monday :-)

No comments: