Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Anyone Have Stress?

I would imagine that every now and then everyone is going to go through some stress in their lives. Mind you mine has dropped drastically since I moved out of the big city and the occupation I had. However, there is still every day stress that we all have.

Through one of my newsgroups that I belong to, I came upon a site that allows you to take an anonymous stress test. Of course it is only as accurate as the input you enter into the test. If you are truthful, you should get a fairly accurate reading. If you are not truthful, then you are just kidding yourself.

Now this site is through the New York Police Department. You can access the site by just clicking on the underlined link. The link at the top of the page on the site takes you through a few questions (30) and gives you a score...

You have to fill out all of the blanks on the test including one for 'rank'. Just put in anything in the field (such as anonymous). Then there are 30 questions to answer. At the end of the test you click on 'submit' and it gives you a score.

I found it interesting that using my thoughts from when I was working I got a score of 45. Then I re-did the test and got a score of 18 for nowadays. There is quite a difference in the scores. Of course my 45 score was my thinking back to when I was working so it may not be totally accurate. If anything, the stress levels would have been higher. Mind you when working I (and all of my co-workers) visited a shrink every year or so. From these visits the professional was able to judge how you were doing in your life.

A score between 16-30 means you may be experiencing moderate stress. With my score of 18 for now, there still is a bit of stress, however, this is probably a much different stress than previous. Just everyday living causes you some stress and of course my 'broken pelvis' is not helping much either :)

So how did you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Dad I took your little stress test and needless to say I am a lot more stressed then I thought. My score was 68. I think I better take up yoga or meditation or something don't ya think...