Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Gotta Love This Weather

Sam and I headed off to Saskatoon early this morning with deep frost around on every vehicle window and on the ground. The sun gained strength and dryed everything up and the day turned into just a gorgeous one.

I was doing a bit of work at my mom's house and had to go out to the truck to get some tools. I was able to go out and back 3-4 times and didn't need a jacket. There was no wind to speak of and the sun was shining. I paused and just took a look around and enjoyed the time. Any day in latter October that we can get like today is just a huge plus in my view.

I also had a very nice surprise when I opened my email and found I had received an email from a former co-worker who I had lost touch with the last few years. Definitely brought back memories from the good old days in North Battleford. Mind you a few of the less than good memories so to speak from the move to Regina also surfaced.

Not that everything in Regina was so horrible. There were a lot of good people involved in the amalgamation of the RCMP communication centers who gave (and still are giving) their utmost to the citizens of the Province in a very trying time. However, for a lot of the folks that had to move it was a fairly upsetting transfer that we were not prepared for. In some aspects it is still debatable whether the RCMP made the correct move when they closed all of the Centers down in the Province. Of course if you speak with any of the people that were involved in the decision to amalgamate, they would never recant as that would mean they came to the wrong conclusion 10 years ago.

So be it, nothing I can do about it anyway at this late stage and it really doesn't mean a darn to me now a days. It happened in Saskatchewan and every other Province in Canada. As a matter of fact, I read more and more on the net that many States in the US are also going the route of amalgamation of dispatch centers. The folks involved do have my sympathy as I know they will be going through some trying times.

Life does go on though.

No comments: