Thursday, October 26, 2006

Municipal Elections Are Over

The municipal elections are over for another 3 years. At least the main newspapers in the province (Leader Post/StarPhoenix) will be able to go onto covering something other than who is going to win the mayor's job in Saskatoon or Regina. But then I suppose they'll have to rehash why and how come so and so didn't win or why the incumbents actually came through again for at least another week or so.

Not that there was a terrific amount of campaigning in Hanley. Actually it was almost nil, but then again, maybe because I wasn't around the coffee crowd I didn't hear too much. Suits me fine as I have never been a political person. I do vote in all elections (big or small), but I mainly go my own way.

The folks who voted in the Town of Hanley kept 3 people from the previous council and elected 3 new people. According to the Government Relations site on Municipality Details, the 3 returning to council were Linda De Regt, Dwight Thall and Daryl Grindheim. The 3 new people will be Diane Ballard, Donald Measor and Clint Sira. The mayor, Don Lynn was re-elected by acclamation.

I wish them all the best and hope they all are able to provide the citizens of Hanley excellent service during their tour on the town council.

No comments: