Thursday, October 19, 2006

Final Lawn Trim

It wasn't the warmest day of the year today, however, at least it hasn't rained or snowed for the last couple of days. I figured I'd better take what I can as there won't be too many more nicer type days. I didn't have to wear a togue, so it wasn't bad.

So out came the lawn mower and I went over the yard a couple times to ensure I got an even cut. Of course I also was able to 'suck' up the leaves that have fallen (blown in), etc. I still can't believe that the grass is so green and lush looking yet. The lawn hasn't gone dormant at all yet even with the cold weather we have had the last couple weeks.

Once I got the lawn cut, I then fertilized with the 'winter' fertilizer. This stuff is for late in the fall and I do believe today would definitely qualify. I then trimmed the rose bushes down, and did a little other cleaning in the garden, etc. The only thing I haven't be able to do is to root-till the garden and the flower beds. This isn't a huge problem as I'll have to do it again in the spring anyhow. The ground is just too wet to be able to till up with any great success at this point in time.

All told, it took me about 3-3 1/2 hours to get it all done. I do have some more work to do outside, but that is for another day. I had enough for today.

No comments: