Monday, October 02, 2006

The Rolling Stones Are Coming

I talked to James at noon and he advised that he had just cleared Customs at Portal and is now back in Canada. While he was going through Customs the Rolling Stones stage and trailers were there. The company hauling the equipment is utilizing US trucks to haul the trailers to the border. They then take the trailers across and then Canada trucks take over.

Meanwhile, James says he actually got to touch the stage on his way through. Sadly, he was not one of the folks that were going to take over trucking the trailers to Regina for the concert this weekend.

James is not certain where he is headed, but if no changes are made, he'll be taking his sweepers all the way into Calgary.

3 comments:

Shar-Lee said...

Hello! No meantion of the niece having coffee with James while you were talking to him?

:)

_ . _ . _ _ . _ said...

Hello Shar-Lee


About the time that you sent your comment, James re-phoned me. He was in Weyburn at that particular time. Mind you Sandra and I were over in the Outlook district picking up some potatoes.

He wanted me to come down to Weyburn for coffee. Of course I advised him it was just a little bit out of the way for me, but I forget to remind him that you lived close by :-(

Dale

Shar-Lee said...

Yeah I was sitting beside him when you were talking to him on the phone... he headed out a few moments later!