Monday, October 30, 2006

Craig and Julia Came for a Visit

This past weekend Sandra and I headed to Regina to do a bit of shopping. Just prior to departing for home we picked up Julia to take her back to Hanley with us. One nice thing about Julia is that you never hear a peep from her in the vehicle, or maybe we have been just lucky in the two times we drove her anywhere.

We no sooner arrived home in Hanley and got into the garage when Craig drove up. Excellent timing for sure. Julia took one look out of the garage window and she was on her way to see her dad who she hadn't seen for quite awhile.



Seeing how Craig was visiting, on Saturday night we decided to bbq a lake trout from East Trout Lake that my dad had given us a while back. With Craig, James and I huddled up we were able to get it dressed up for cooking and then wrapped in tinfoil.

After an hour or so we had a wonderfully looking fish for supper.

Now all who know me are aware that I'm just not a great 'fish bone' type of guy. If I get one bone it just turns my whole meal off. However, when we peeled the tinfoil back, most of the fish skin came off stuck to the foil. I was able to grab the main backbone and lift out the whole skeletal of the fish. We all thought we were good to go as far as bones were concerned.

But according to hoyle, I would be the person to find a bone. Actually I found quite a few of the critters. Funny but hardly anyone else found bones, just me. Now I'm not sure if they just were being polite and didn't want to say anything or they really didn't find any. Let me tell you, I did find a few. Mind you these were floating type bones and did not appear to bones that would have been hooked to the back bone so it is darn hard to remove them all.

I managed to get supper down and it definitely was a nice tasting fish. I just wish there weren't so darn many bones to contend with. It would make it a much better supper in my estimation.

Oh yah, for supper Sunday night we had a nice juicy bbq'd rib eye steak done to perfection. No bones to worry about in there for sure.

Sorry Craig, you left too early :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...haven't seen Craig in years. I'll probably get it for this comment... but gee Craig you look alot like your dad did (when we were kids!)... Julia's adorable!