Saturday, September 09, 2006

Haircut Day

Both Sam and I were getting a little woolly and decided it was time to get sheared a bit. As I was sitting in the chair at Linda's Beauty Centre I was thinking of all the times I have had my hair cut over the years. As I normally keep my hair short I usually hit the barber shop quite often. When I was involved with the Air Cadets in North Battleford I probably got my hair cut/trimmed every 14-16 days. Of course at that time I had hair to get cut. I'm not sure if the hair falls out faster than it grows or what, but I don't need to get a trim quite as often.

However, seeing as I'm retired, I'm not quite as picky about the haircut nowadays. If it gets a little long in the back so be it. I'll get it trimmed soon enough. Whereas when I was working, I always kept my hair trimmed short. This must have been a throw back to my military days as most people in my office didn't keep their hair that short. But then thinking about it, we had an office of 50 people and if I remember correctly there were only 8 males. Judging females haircuts and males are totally different balls of wax. For the most part the females did not have extremely short hair, however, most were kept in a nice manageable style. I guess for all of us, that made it so much easier to jump out of bed and head to work when you slept in or the alarm clock didn't go off as it should or you got called in on short notice for overtime. But thinking about it, even the uniformed officers don't keep their hair that short nowadays. Of course some do, but a lot don't.

Sandra and I both got our locks trimmed today. It took us about 35-40 minutes, but Linda also had a couple other customers that she was working on at the time. She had to wait while one's hair dryed a bit before she could finish her up. Normally it takes hardly any time at all and your done. Mind you that is for me and you have to realize there is not much there to cut :-) This morning James also hit Linda's to trim him up. His appointment was at 9:30 a.m. Well he was back walking through the door at 9:42 a.m. and he walked there and back. It just doesn't take too long when you know what you are doing I guess.

Oh and by the way, just for the folks in the city. The cost for both Sandra and I to get our haircut was a total of $20.00. That also includes the tip I always give Linda :-)

You gotta love small town living!

No comments: