Monday, September 18, 2006

Municipal Elections

When I was out at a customer's house the other day we got to talking about our town elections coming up at the end of the month. I enquired who actually were the people that made up our local municipal government in Hanley. The couple couldn't give me a complete list of the names, so I decided I'd take a peak on the net to see what I could find.

After a bit of searching around I did find a listing for a map with all of the towns, villages, etc in the province. Municipality Details is neat in that you can find out who runs the local RM or who is on council in the towns. You just have to click in the local RM on the map to open up a larger map of the area. You then just have to click anywhere in the RM to find out about the Rural Municipality or click on the town name to find out a listing for the individual towns. This also works for the cities throughout the province as well. It shows the populations as well as the assessment values along with contact information for the cities, towns, villages, RMs, etc.

As a side note, I also picked up from a few people that there are some folks in town that are not totally satisfied with our local council people. It will be interesting to see if there are actually any people that will be changing hats/moving on. Mind you some of the people on council have probaly been there for awhile and may be wanting to let some others take over the load.

From my old occupation I found that you are never going to 'satisfy all of the people all of the time'. Some folks just take a different slant on life and want it their way.

No comments: