Monday, September 11, 2006




Lest We Forget

We in Canada usually only remember our fallen heros on November 11th, however, for members of the RCMP, this past Sunday was our 'Day of Remembering'.

I was unable to make it to Regina for this year's annual ceremony, however, it was never far from my thoughts throughout the day. By just watching the news even today I still get a little choked up.

Of course this year the day is even more special in my heart with the recent loss of Cst Marc Bourdage and Cst Robin Cameron. I knew them both prior to my retirement, however, I probably knew Cst Cameron more so as her whole career was in Saskatchewan whereas Cst Bourdage had only been in the Division for about 1 1/2 years prior to my retirement.

As this tragic occurence happened in Mildred, Saskatchewan, it is even more troubling for myself being that this was part of the old North Battleford Sub/Division area of responsibility. This was an area that I 'looked after' for 21 years and will always remain special to me.

No comments: