Saturday, September 16, 2006

Quack Quack

Well the weatherman sure has gotten it right for the last few days. We've had more rain in the last day than we've had in the last month or so. According to my rain guage, since noon on Sep 14th we've had 3.6 cm of rain. Mind you at times the wind was blowing so hard, it would be hard for the rain to get into the little guage. Thankfully the wind has settled down a might, but it is still about 31 kmph and it is now midnight.

The day certainly was a 'stay inside' type day. So wouldn't you know it, one of my customers called and wanted me to look at her computer. Nothing urgent, just that she had an error on boot up stating she had no operating system. Since she received the error on Thursday nite, she hadn't used her computer figuring she fryed something. As I knew she likes to surf, I figured I'd better pay her a visit.

Thankfully it was no big problem and after a few fixes here and there and she was back up and running smooth as silk. I do have a bit more work to do for her as I am going to transfer info from her old hard drive onto some CDs for her. She has one of the smaller desktop systems and it doesn't give you much room to add in another harddrive and play around. Whereas my computer has lots of room and I'm very familiar with it. I don't expect it to be anything to hectic to do for her. As she is not in a big rush for the info, I'll get it back to her early next week.

No comments: