Saturday, September 16, 2006

Washing Windows

As I stated in earlier post, it was a nasty old day out today. However, when I was out fixing up the computer a bird (must have been a good sized one) decided to head for our front room window. The wind was probably pushing the poor bird along at a fair clip. Now seeing I wasn't here, I figured at the last minute the bird saw the window and either swooped up and over or around the house. But the darn thing left behind one huge dropping right down the picture window. Of course Sam didn't like it there and of course the darn rain wasn't coming down in the right direction to wash it off. So I got out the vehicle squeegie and put on a long handle and washed down the window.

While I was doing the one window and had this warm soapy water, I figured I'd might as well give all the windows in the front a quick cleaning. It actually worked slick as all get out, but I'm sure all the folks going by must have thought I'm loonie as all get out.

I must admit, just the 10 or so minutes I was out in the rain playing in the water and my poor hands were just freezing. Of course, I'm way to macho to be wearing gloves in September :-)

Stupid is more like it! However, the front windows are a lot cleaner than they were. I could probably give them another go if and when we get some warmer weather, but for now it will suffice. Of course we don't have the large white trail right down the middle of the window either. It did look kinda gross even to me.

No comments: