Friday, September 29, 2006

Pink Duties

Seeing as it is still to darn wet out in the garden, I figured I'd get the insides cleaned up a bit today. One nice thing with just the two of us is that it does take quite a while for the house to get too dirty/messy. Of course with all the dust blowing around here, if we left the front windows open, we'd need to dust everyday. However, every now and then I do need to vacuum the joint and wash the floors, dust, etc. Normally it is done in less than an hour so it is not a real chore.

We use the air conditioner and leave the front facing windows closed at all times. The rear windows are normally open until it gets too warm and the air conditioner starts up. Then at night we close down the air conditioner and reopen the rear windows. Mind you I do have the air conditioner shut down for the winter now and using the furnace. It is so nice that the heat never cuts in though. That is a good thing when the monthly energy bill arrives.

I had to cut the grass the other day as it was getting long. The lawn is still showing so nice and lush and green after all of the rain. It is normally about this time that I throw on the fall fertilizer, but with the grass still growing as it is I'll be waiting a couple weeks or so for the fertilizer. The garden area is where the yard does need some work.

I was out doing a bit of cleanup yesterday and the ground in the garden is still way too wet to tiller up. Actually I just like using the new tiller and digging/churning up the garden area. If we don't get any rain in the next while, I should be able to get the garden done next week (or the following week). What's the rush, it's not going anywhere!

No comments: