Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Overnite Visitor

As I was having my last few zzzzz's this morning I heard my outside door open. Of course I was up in a flash as I know I had locked the door last night. A quick look outside and I saw James' van parked out front so I knew it was him. He was just getting ready to head back to Saskatoon and was out for his morning butt. I have no idea when he crept in last night (this morning).

I was impressed though that his van actually made it into the city and then back out here to Hanley. James said it did take about 1/8th tank of gas. Now I'm not sure how big the tank in the van is, so the 1/8th could be huge. But it did seem much better than his Bronco which was taking probably 1/4 to 1/2 a tank to the city and back. I asked how it was going with the starting etc and James said he figured he is getting it sorted out now. By talking to a few people he's learnt that this year of van had some quirks as to starting.

Shortly after our chat and a coffee, James headed out enroute back to Saskatoon to pick up his semi. Yesterday they had worked all day putting in a new clutch. It is supposed to ready for him this morning. He then was to take a load down to Bismark, North Dakota and then return to Saskatoon.

I think the boss only wanted a short trip to ensure the new clutch workes properly. If all things are fine, James really didn't know where he would be off to after today.

As James left to start up the van, I did hear him turn the key about 3-4 times before the beast fired to life. But it did start and for today that appears to be a good thing.

1 comment:

_ . _ . _ _ . _ said...

On The Road Again

James called and the truck is running as it should. He has cleared Regina enroute Weyburn, Portal, and onto Bismark.

After Bismark he heads back to Morris, Manitoba and picks up a load and then he thinks he is headings somewhere near Chicago...